Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care in The Villages, FL
Nationally recognized care for loved ones with memory loss.
Tranquility and safety for your loved one. Peace of mind for you. Memory care at Freedom Pointe helps preserve everything that brings meaning and order to your family.
Compassionate care that families trust.
We provide a secure and comfortable setting specially designed for those with Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia. Your loved one will flourish with life-affirming activities and personalized care that matches where they are in their memory loss journey.
In the Freedom Pointe Memory Care Neighborhood, residents benefit from the unique and innovative Heartfelt CONNECTIONS – A Memory Care Program®. Heartfelt CONNECTIONS offers people with Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias the care, respect, dignity and quality of life loved ones want for them.
Heartfelt CONNECTIONS is a nationally recognized, person centered, activity-focused program that is grounded in the knowledge that the abilities that remain for an individual impacted by Alzheimer’s or other dementias are much more important than what is lost. By leveraging this specialized dementia care, we help loved ones capture a lasting legacy about each resident’s family, their friends, career, hobbies, likes and dislikes, and then apply these insights to individualized programming for the resident. Through this program, we focus on each resident’s unique abilities, enriching lives and creating success stories one small victory at a time.
What your loved one can expect:
- Industry-leading, personalized memory care, including specialized Alzheimer’s care
- Help with daily living activities, including dressing, bathing and medication management
- Dementia-specific programming, including art and crafts therapy
- Access to appropriate community amenities such as the salon and barbershop
- Enjoyable small-cluster group activities
- Frequent community outings for maximum enrichment
Benefits for your loved one:
- Promotes dignity and a sense of pride and accomplishment in day-to-day activities
- Encourages engaged eating with specialized diets
- Supports improved self-worth, self-esteem, and overall health and well-being
- Reduces fear, anxiety and frustration
Benefits for you:
- Provides the comfort of knowing your loved one has the best quality of life possible
- Allows you to return to the loving relationship you once shared
- Gives you the opportunity to make the most of your time together
- Supports you and your family with resources, counseling and other services
Memory care services and amenities include:
- All-inclusive monthly fee for care, living and dining costs
- Maintenance-free residence
- Inviting, secure places to gather and mingle
- Personal concierge services
- Supportive dining environment with personalized assistance when needed
- Specialized diets and nutrition from a registered dietician
- Around-the-clock nursing care
- Wellness center
- Private dining room for family gatherings
- Scheduled transportation
- Housekeeping and flat linen service
- 24-hour security and in-home emergency response
- Expanded basic cable
- Utilities (except phone and internet), Wi-Fi access
Contact us to learn more about our memory care.
Use the form on this page, or call 352-364-8581.
Frequently asked questions.
What is a person-centered approach in memory care?
Person-centered care in dementia is focused on the individual rather than the condition. It centers around the philosophy that each person is unique — with his or her own history, values and personality — and deserving of dignity and respect. In person-centered memory care, team members get to know each resident as an individual and seek to understand their personal characteristics and needs. Continue reading about a person-centered care approach in memory care by checking out our blog.
What is the benefit of memory care vs. in-home care?
Memory care at Freedom Pointe provides a specially designed, whole-person approach to Alzheimer’s care and dementia care. Residents live in a warm and friendly, family-like community with the safety of 24-hour onsite security and the compassionate care of highly trained personnel who implement proven memory care programs that encourage and celebrate remaining abilities. It would be virtually impossible to duplicate this level of round-the-clock safety, sense of community and socialization, and specific expertise in Alzheimer’s care by using an in-home care service. Learn how Occupational Therapy helps people with Alzheimer’s, or continue reading about memory care vs. in-home care for dementia on our blog.
What types of activities are designed to engage residents with dementia or memory problems?
The most effective activities for those with Alzheimer’s disease or other related dementias are highly structures activities and routines that help maintain abilities and encourage the use of current skills. Programs such as discussion groups to promote mental agility and physical exercise such as dancing can be powerful in providing enjoyable and meaningful experiences. Ultimately all activities should provide memory care residents with a sense of purpose and a feeling of security. Read more about activities designed for seniors with dementia on our blog.
Assisted Living vs. Memory Care. What’s the difference?
While both assisted living and memory care provide assistance with the activities of daily living, such as help with bathing, dressing and grooming, medication management, and personal maintenance, memory care at Freedom Pointe offers a specific type of compassionate care that is specially designed for those with memory impairment. Each member of our memory care team is trained in the specialized skills needed to provide excellent Alzheimer’s care and dementia care. After initial training, they then participate in continuing education courses to remain current in best practices. Read our blog post to learn when someone should move from assisted living to memory care.