← Back to Blog

Why We’re One of the Best CCRCs in the Nation

The Villages, Florida

The internet has made everyone’s lives easier. We can find information and learn about things we never would have known about otherwise. However, when you have so much information available, whose opinion can you trust? Which “experts” should you put your faith in? When it comes to finding the best senior living option, it can be difficult to distinguish one from another, which is why independent rankings from trusted sources can be vital to your research.

Consistently Rated One of the Best in Senior Living

Newsweek and global market research and consumer data firm Statista recognized 250 US Continuing Care Retirement/Life Plan Communities in their first-ever “America’s Best Continuing Care Retirement Communities 2024” rankings. Freedom Pointe at The Villages not only made the list but is in the top 10 – number six to be exact.

The rankings, which include for-profit and not-for-profit communities, represent a fraction of the almost 2,000 CCRCs in the United States. According to the two companies, data was collected about CCRCs in the 20 states that have the most communities: California, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Washington, Wisconsin, Iowa, Kansas and Virginia.

To compile their rankings, Newsweek offered two surveys on its website: one for residents and prospective residents and their friends and family members, and the other for CCRC workers and those whose jobs associated them with CCRCs. An analysis of the findings accounted for 90% of each CCRC’s score with the other 10% of the score determined by whether a community was accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) International.

CARF is an independent, non-profit organization that accredits providers of services focused on the areas of aging, rehabilitation, behavioral health, employment, and child and family services. It’s widely recognized as the leading accreditation body for providers of health and human services and is a lot like an accreditation for a hospital or a five-star rating for a hotel.

Rankings Versus Ratings

How do these new CCRC rankings differ from US News & World Report’s best senior living lists of senior living communities? US News & World Report rates various types of communities — independent living, assisted living, memory care and CCRCs — as “best” if they meet certain criteria based on the results of consumer satisfaction surveys of residents and their families conducted at participating communities. However, while the best rating is coveted, the communities aren’t ranked in any order. The Newsweek and Statista “America’s Best Continuing Care Retirement Communities” effort focuses on CCRCs, ranks them, and includes feedback from the surveys.

You Could Tour the Rest or Check Out the Best

There are thousands of community options available all over the country. Not only is Freedom Pointe ranked among the best senior living communities, but we offer the security of a full continuum of care located in one of the country’s best places to retire: The Villages. Learn more about the peace of mind of choosing a CCRC with Life Care like Freedom Pointe. If you’re ready to see everything we have to offer yourself, schedule a tour by using our Community Assistant chat feature or contacting us here.