Can I Use Home Care Services in Independent Living?
Coming up with a smart plan for the future that’s also flexible enough to adjust to any unexpected needs can be a challenge. Freedom Pointe at The Villages offers an in-home care option that lets you maintain your independence while continuing to live in the residence you love. If the time comes when you or your spouse needs a higher level of round-the-clock care, like assisted living, memory care or skilled nursing, our lifestyle has on-site options available, too.
What Is In-Home Care?
In-home care is typically defined as any professional support services that allow you to continue to live safely and independently at home. Using in-home care can help you manage chronic health issues, recover after surgery or illness, or help with mobility. Professional caregivers such as nurses, aides and therapists can also provide short-term or long-term care in-home care. The most common and readily available type of in-home care is called personal care and companionship, also known as non-medical care, home health aide services, senior care, homemaker care, assistive care, or companion care, these services can assist with:
- Self-care, such as grooming, bathing, dressing and more
- Mobility, transferring from bed to wheelchair and fall prevention
- Meal planning and preparation, light housekeeping, laundry, errands, medication reminders and help getting to appointments
- Companionship and doing hobbies and activities
- Supervision of someone with dementia or Alzheimer’s disease
Care can usually be customized to your individual needs and may include services from one or more of the types described above to empower you to live a happier and more fulfilling life.
Other types of in-home care include:
- Private duty nursing care: Long-term, hourly nursing care at home for adults with a chronic illness, injury or disability.
- Home health care: Short-term, physician-directed care designed to help you prevent or recover from an illness, injury or hospital stay.
Personalized In-Home Care Services at Freedom Pointe
When inviting someone into a place as personal as your home, you want to make sure it’s someone you know and trust. While you can do your research and check reviews before calling an outside service, the care you receive could depend on the day and person you get.
At Freedom Pointe, we have a better idea. Additional private duty services are available through one of our signature programs — Innovative Home ServicesTM. Personalized, convenient and affordable, most of our services are available seven days a week, can be implemented within 24 hours, and can be used on a short- or long-term basis. Plus, they’re part of a community you already know and trust.
In addition to the transportation, housekeeping, linen services and maintenance we already provide, our Innovative Home Services also include:
- Concierge services, including pet care, ironing and light meal prep
- Supportive services like grooming and care management
- Medication programs such as nursing oversight and medication reminders
Living Your Best Life Starts Here
To learn more about the signature programs at our community, including our Innovative Home Services, at schedule a tour by using our Community Assistant chat feature or contacting us here.